Reflection - (post event - August 2017)
Having been back for two weeks what are my main memories -
- The Fridge and the Alps
- Fabulous roads without potholes and super considerate car drivers
- The wildlife, puffins, otter, seals, Shetland ponies, Oyster catchers, Bonxies, diversity of sheep and cows
- The voes, the wildness, the emptiness, the silence, the peace,
- The events everywhere that we came across
- The beaches esp St Ninians, the absolute beauty
- Hair driers make you beautiful !!
- A variety of accommodation, hotels, B&Bs, Hostels and the bods
- Being cold, tired, being very sick, all whilst still getting a tan???
- The people, toilet ladies, Mary, the Americans, my stalker
- The strangest things being found in the remotest of places, totem poles, decorated bus stops, the Italian Chapel
- The shops and teas stops with cake everywhere
- Ferry fun - or not at times
- The weather which could turn in an instant and which can be such a cruel life mentor, Omnidirectional wind!
- The hills, the hills and having to cycle down them.
- The love of completing it and achieving something very special with someone very special
- Oh and a special mention to all Johns favourite - Americans
- Lots of memories to treasure